Thursday, November 30, 2006

All Tastes, All Genres

I know that food and music have nothing to do with each other really, but I decided to put them together in this post nonetheless. First of all, if you already love to try every kind of food along with every kind of music, this post has nothing to do with you. I think that every person should on purpose try out new foods and music. Heck, not just food and music, but everything in general. People seem to have this conversation a lot "Do you like this kind of food?" "No" "Have you ever tried it?" "Nope" "Then how do you know you don't like it...?" The point is, try all the kinds of food you can, and you may discover some really interesting flavors that you might come to love! On to music. I am personally a connoisseur of every genre or type of music. I generally listen to rock more than anything, although rock has a very broad range of styles incorporated into it. There is Punk, Metal, Classic, Industrial, Pop-rock, Glam, and many more on the list. I think it is very important to listen to every genre though. If you absolutely cannot stand a certain genre, then that is understandable. The reason I believe it is so important to broaden the horizon on the genres of music that you listen to is because each genre has its own lyrical style, beats, insights, culture, etc. You know what they say, having your child listen to Mozart makes that child smart! So get out there and open your taste buds and your ears! Oh, and one more thing, please post any good suggestions of food and/or music that you think I or anybody else might enjoy and that you think people have yet to try =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty intelligent points there, this is a pretty good blog!

Benjamin said...

Thank you Edwin. I would love to read your blog also... but it is set to not available by the public.

Medini Pradhan said...

Great points ! Food and music do go together ! You must try Indian food. It is spicy in a very different way and has a lot of personality. Also if you get a chance you must listen to the modern Indian music - pop, bollywood songs, they are very melodious. Good Luck with your blog. Good Job ! Keep it up !

Benjamin said...

Cool Medini. I have actually never tried Indian food! I believe that there is one in my city... and I will definately check it out. I will also check out the music as well.